Pewee Valley Junior Academy is a private Christian school located in Pewee Valley, KY.
- - Small Personal Classes with a High Teacher to Student Ratio
- - Safe, Caring, Child Sensitive Education that Fosters a Life Long Love for Learning
- - Multi-Intelligence Learning Environment where children advance naturally
- - Full Accredited Nationally Acclaimed Curriculum for kindergarten through 8th grade
- - 75 years of success
- - Full court Gymnasium and Theater Stage
- - On site full Library and Science Lab
- - Playground, Soccer field, Gymnasium, Game room and Nature Trail
- - Multi-level (blended age) Collaborative Learning Classrooms
- - Field Trips & Educational Community Outreach
- - Experienced Teachers and Staff with advanced specialized degrees in education
- - Nature Based Learning and Activities
- - Extremely Competitive Tuition Rates
Join us on our path to a life long love for learning with our KDF nature program, private music lessons, field trips and more!
Pewee Valley Junior Academy is a fully accredited school serving grades K-8 and is part of the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Does my family have to be Adventist for my child to attend an Adventist school?
Absolutely not, though you and your child will gain the most benefit from Adventist education if you are a Christian or at least sympathetic with Christian beliefs.
Who Are Seventh-day Adventists?
The Seventh-day Adventist Church is a Protestant Christian denomination distinguished by its observance of Saturday, the seventh day of the week in Christian and Jewish calendars. One of the founding principles of the Adventist church is a healthy lifestyle—a balanced combination of exercise, diet, and trust in God. Adventists are generally vegetarian, and do not smoke, or drink alcohol and take pride in leading a healthy hard working life. Loma Linda, California, a primarily Adventist community, was recently named by researcher Dan Buettner a “blue zone” or “longevity oasis” where the residents not only have the longest life expectancy on earth, but are happier and healthier, too.
- Are Adventist schools accredited? Do they provide as complete an education as other public or private schools?
- Every Adventist school is accredited by a state or national accrediting body. In addition, the church office of education also operates a comprehensive accrediting process to maintain a high standard of excellence in all Adventist schools. If you’re interested in a particular subject of studen in the adventist curiculum, feel free to contact us and ask to be put in touch with students and parents who attend that school to get a sense of what the education is like. We think you’ll find, as an ongoing study is finding, that on average Adventist schools are better places to learn than any other.
Our staff are committed to providing quality education in a Christ-filled environment.
We invite you to find out more about our school. Call us to schedule a visit, or explore on-line. To see what is happening at our school you can check our calendar, news, visit our classrooms or see what our alumni are doing. You can also find a list of necessary school supplies for the upcoming school year if you check our news link.
Our school is part of the world-wide Seventh-day Adventist school network.
The Seventh-day Adventist educational system includes elementary and high schools, colleges and universities in countries around the globe.
If you are interested in receiving more information about our school click on Contact Us.